For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashland, Va. – Sophomore Brenna Litynski (Hollywood, Md./Home-schooled) collected three wins Friday night as the St. Mary's College of Maryland women's swim team dropped their first dual meet of the season. The Seahawks (1-1) fell 115-86 to the Randolph-Macon College Yellow Jackets (1-1) in a non-conference dual meet.
St. Mary's 86, Randolph-Macon 115
How It Happened
- Litynski helped the Seahawks to a first-place finish in the first event of the meet – the 400 medley relay – as the anchor. St. Mary's posted a winning time of 4:12.11 behind the efforts of first-year Rileigh Krell (Baltimore, Md./Sparrows Point), senior captain Hailley Baughman (Lineboro, Md./Manchester Valley), junior Becca Sonnenberg (Derwood, Md./Magruder), and Litynski.
- Litynski second first-place finish came in the 200 freestyle as she clocked a 2:02.21 while senior captain Samantha Schoenecker (Dallas, Texas/Wilson) scored with a fifth-place finish (2:15.37).
- Litynski also anchored the 400 freestyle relay to top honors with the aid of first-year Leila McCloskey (Leonardtown, Md./Leonardtown), sophomore Anna LaPoint (Fairport, N.Y./Fairport), and junior Carolyn Sutton (Laurel, Md./Laurel) for a winning time of 3:48.31.
- LaPoint earned an individual first-place finish in the 1,000 freestyle in 11:30.52 while sophomore Elizabeth Johnson (Salisbury, Md./Mardela Springs) placed fifth in 12:06.73.
- Baughman picked up first-place honors in the 100 breaststroke in 1:10.76 followed by junior Holly Smith (Calne, England/Skyline [Wash.]) in third (1:13.67) and first-year Bailey Edgren (Canton, Conn./Canton) in fourth (1:16.16).
- Sutton led St. Mary's in the 50 freestyle with a second-place finish in 26.52 while Krell came in second in the 100 backstroke in 1:04.71 and third in the 100 butterfly in 1:04.49.
- LaPoint swam a 5:36.04 for second in the 500 freestyle while McCloskey tallied a third-place finish in the 100 freestyle in 58.86.
- Edgren also contributed by placing fourth in the 200 individual medley in 2:26.94.
- Junior Angela Ross (Perry Hall, Md./Perry Hall), Edgren, Schoenecker, and Smith notched a third-place finish in the 400 medley relay in 4:30.32.
- McCloskey, Sutton, Schoenecker, and Litynski concluded the meet with a win in the 200 freestyle relay by swimming a 1:31.21.
- Ross, sophomore Lexi Efron (Owings Mills, Md./Pikesville), Johnson, and first-year Christina Ruebeck-Bonass (Chestertown, Md./Kent County) garnered third place in the 400 free relay in 4:13.52.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Nov. 3 vs. York (Pa.) (2-2, 1-0 CAC) – Aquatics Center at MPOBARC (CAC meet) – 1:00 p.m.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Twitter: @smcseahawks | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks